Hey….*tap,tap*…is this thing on??
Hey guys!! It has been a minute. But guess what….it is JORDANCON SEASON !!
That is right! Jordancon is coming in just 10 weeks.
And do you know what that means? It means that I have 10 (well, more like 9) weeks to gush about how awesome Jordancon is and maybe even convince some of y’all to come hang out with us in April.
The plan is for me to post something new, exciting and interesting every Friday.
Now, will that happen? Light only knows…
But let’s start with
Ebony’s Top 5 Reasons to go to Jordancon
5. Wheel of Time – Well, the obvious reason is because the Wheel of Time series is amazing and Jordancon involves all things WoT PLUS a ton of other Sci-fi and Fantasy things.
4. Brandon Sanderson – This year Brandon Sanderson will be there. Now, when I attended 2 years ago Brandon was there, but I hadn’t read any of his original work. (And by extension I was completely lost when it came to some cosplay I saw) This year I am much better prepared.
3. The Art Show – aside from all the incredible artwork that you get to see and is available for purchase you get to meet the artist!! (This was a huge deal for me my 1st year) Plus, over the past 7 years the Art Show has raised $6000 for the Mayo Clinic’s Amyloidsis Research.
2. The Dance Party – this year’s Dance party theme is homecoming (we will talk more about that later). The homecoming theme combined with the overall Seanchan theme and the tradition of Homecoming Mums will make for some amazing dance ensembles.
And the #1 reason to go to Jordancon…..
1. THE PEOPLE – Jordancon people are the weirdest, loudest, sweetest, talented, funny, welcoming, loving, most accepting introverts pretending to be extroverts you will ever meet.
It really is an amazing experience and I hope I am able to convey just how much I think everyone that is a fan of WoT and it’s genre should attend.