THERE ARE GOING TO BE SPOILERS.
IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS DO NOT READ THIS.
Well Jordancon is over and I, once again, attended the Robert Jordan’s notes panel. For those that don’t know, this panel consist of those lucky few fans that have seen Robert Jordan’s notes (this some of these notes are available for public viewing. I will have to look up where and add it to this post)
Below you will find the notes I took on the notes the talked about. Some things were mentioned last year, but I am including them because they are still super interesting.
Before we get started, a few things of note:
- THERE ARE GOING TO BE SPOILERS. IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS DO NOT READ THIS. (this bears repeating)
- This is your last chance to turn back
- Ok then…
- Spoilers/notes start on the next page
Several fans asked by to find out if Aviendha got pregnant before or after the Last Battle. No one on the panel recalled seeing notes on this, but Terez is going to look for it.
ON TO THE NOTES:
- Birgitte knows what the oath rod was used for in the Age of Legends but she has never seen one.
- Binders (oath rods) came in other forms, not just rods
- Originally Moiraine was going to become Amyrlin
- Moiraine was going to be rescued by Rand
- Nyneave was going to be raped by Shadair Haran
- Galad was going to be a dark friend (what!?!)
- Nyneave was going to kill (or appear to kill) Moiraine after she (Moiraine) became Amyrlin.
- Galad was supposed to be able to Channel. And really we don’t know if you can or not because he was never tested (and it does run in the family)
- Ogier were supposed to be dwarf like
- There is nothing about Shara in the Notes. River of Souls was 100% Brandon
- Lan was going to flee, become a hermit and then return to fight (does that sound familiar??)
- Sakan (I am not 100% on the spelling) was going to be the name of the Dark One
- RJ toyed with the idea of 7 or 9 ages. He settled on 7.
- The White Goddess by Robert Graves was a big influence on Robert Jordan.
- Cadsuane (spelled Kadsuane in the notes) was around from the beginning
- Binders could be used on non-channelers.
- The a’dam has a buffer to stop damane from being burned out. This buffer also lessened the shock of the Warder Bond being broken.
- Life Spans During the Age of Legends – this was really interesting, but I didn’t manage to get all the information. What I did get is below:
- Ordinary People lived 200 years on average
- Aes Sedai could live up to 800 years
- There was also some information on how Binding affected life span, but that is the part I missed
- Memory of Light Outline:
- Egwene was to be pregnant at the end of the series (by Gawyn). Gawyn still died and Galad would take of Egwene and the baby
- Isam and Fain showed up in the Last Battle and maybe killed each other.
- The Last Battle was supposed to take place near the ruins of Caemlyn
Humans were the real enemy, not the Dark One. Destroying choice is the real enemy. (many fans feel like this is a “Brandon” theme. However, the very early notes show that this was Robert Jordan’s overarching theme from the very beginning)
That is all for this year.